If winning contestant has over 10,000 votes cast for his/her music video, the winner will be awarded their very own:
✔ Custom made song written by Ark Music Factory founder Patrice Wilson
✔ Track recorded at a LA recording studio
✔ Full length music video produced by Ark
✔ The chance for distribution to millions of fans across the Ark network
A consolation prize of a brand new iPad2 will be awarded to the winning contestant, if the winner does not reach the minimum 10,000 vote threshold.
✔ July 22 to August 5 (2 weeks) -- Video Submission Period
✔ August 8 to August 19 (2 weeks) -- Voting Period to find initial 40 Contestants
✔ August 22 to August 26 (1 week) -- 1st Voting Period for 40 Contestants, 20 contestants remain
✔ August 29 to September 2 (1 week) -- 2nd Voting Period on 20 Contestants, 10 contestants remain
✔ September 5 to September 9 (1 week) -- 3rd Voting Period on 10 Contestants, 5 contestants remain
✔ September 12 to September 16 (1 week) -- 4th Voting Period on 5 Contestants, only the Ark Star remains!
* Contest schedule dates and times subject to change at the discretion of Ark Music Factory.
1. In order to participate in the Ark Star contest you must be a member of Ark Music Factory. If you are not yet a member, click here to
sign up now.
2. You must be between the ages of 10 to 17 years old to participate. Your birthday must be after July 22, 2001 or before July 22, 1994.
3. Ark Star is being held to find solo/individual performing artists only. Bands and music groups are not eligible to enter this particular
4. You are not eligible to participate in the contest if under contract with:
✔ Any record company
✔ Any major publishing company
✔ Any company or organization which may interfere with your ability to perform for the sponsor(s) or enter into an agreement with the sponsor(s)
5. Entry and all vocals in your music video must be in English.
6. You must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States of America or Canada.
7. Prize winners will be responsible for their own airfare and lodging if traveling to Los Angeles for recording and filming
8. Artists that write, produce, and release their own material on self-published CDs may be considered unsigned, independent artists, in Ark’s sole discretion.
2. Fill out the information in the sign-up form
✔ Name (First + Last)
✔ Age (birthday – must be under 18)
✔ Short bio – 160 characters
✔ Video title
✔ YouTube video URL
✔ Ark profile URL
✔ E-mail address
✔ Tel. phone
3. Once you submit the application form you will receive an email with directions on what to do next.
4. On August 8, 2011 we will email you a special link to direct your friends and family to.
Entrants will be disqualified if automatic voting software is used in their favor.
✔ Limit one (1) vote per Entry per person per day.
✔ Only ‘thumbs up’ votes are counted (there are no thumbs-down options available).
✔ In the event of a tie, Ark Music Factory will make the final determination of the Finalists, in their sole discretion.
✔ Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
✔ Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process will be void.
1. Your video must be uploaded to your own YouTube channel before being submitted for entry into the Ark Star contest. If you do not have a YouTube account or need help uploading a video, click here for instructions.
2. You must be presented in music video the whole time.
3. Your music video must be more than 2 minute in length and less than 5 minutes in length.
4. Your entry and all vocals in your music video must be in English.
5. Ark Star is being held to find solo/individual performing artists only. Bands and music groups are not eligible to enter this particular
6. The entry period for the contest begins at 10:00am PST on July 22, 2011 and ends at 5:00pm PST on August 5, 2011.
1. The potential 40 contestants who are voted into the Ark Star contest will be contacted by Ark Music Factory via e-mail message or telephone within 48 hours after winner determination.
2. These contestants must sign and return via email/facsimile Ark’s Talent Agreement prior to being determined eligible to officially enter
the Ark Star contest.
3. Potential contestant must provide signed releases from all other persons appearing in the Entry.
4. The failure to respond timely (within 3 days) to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest and, in such case, Ark Music Factory may determine an alternate Finalist according to the Voting Period results.
5. Ark Music Factory reserves the right to conduct a background check on any contestant and reserves the right in its sole discretion to
disqualify any contestant based on the results of such background check(s), if Ark Music Factory determines in its sole discretion
that awarding a prize to such contestant might reflect negatively on Ark Music Factory.
6. A “Wildcard” contestant may be added to the competition at Ark Music Factory’s discretion.
Ark Music Factory reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry/voting process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable for posting, in Ark Music Factory’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not appear on the Contest Website.
Factors that would result in disqualification as a contestant include but are not limited to the following:
✔ Any contestant having been charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor
✔ Any submission of fraudulent material
✔ Misrepresentation of identity or age
✔ Usage of copyrighted material without proper licenses or permissions
✔ Video content promoting or containing gratuitous violence, inciting violence, hate speech, nudity, vulgarity, illegal drug use, or any other material deemed offensive by Ark Music Factory.
Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Ark Music Factory reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Winning contestants (as applicable) (or winners’ parents/legal guardians if a winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence) (a “minor”) will be required to sign and return a Prize Acceptance Form within three (3) days of notification before any prize is awarded.
1. If the winner (or a minor winner’s parent/legal guardian) fails to return the Prize Acceptance Form within three (3) days or if winner is deemed to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winning contestant will be determined.
2. If a potential winning contestant is not reachable at the address, e-mail address, or phone number provided and a forwarding address and/or e-mail address is not made available or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined.
3. Ark Music Factory shall have no liability for any winner notification that is not received by the potential winner for any reason.
4. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state), Entry and footage from any aspects of the Prize, for advertising and/or
publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation
unless prohibited by law.
Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry:
2. The Entry must be in one of the following formats: .wmv, .3gp, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .mpeg, .flv, .mkv
3. The Entry and all vocals in the video must be in English.
4. The Entry must be between 2 and 5 minutes.
5. The Entry must NOT contain unsuitable content or depict or incorporate unsafe behavior or situations; obscenity, lewd or inappropriate images, words or text; nudity; acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous; disparagement of any person or product; racist innuendo; illegal drug or alcohol use; or other offensive conduct or material, as determined in Ark Music Factory’s sole discretion.
6. The Entry must not have been accepted for previous publication or submitted in any other competition or contest.
7. The Entry must NOT include materials that violate or infringe another person’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or
intellectual property rights, such as copyright infringement or include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculpture.
8. The Entry must NOT include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized Entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in the Entry or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
9. Third Parties include, but are not limited to, celebrities and friends. Entrants should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Entry, including releases from all persons appearing in the Entry and location releases for all recognizable locations (in the event an Entrant cannot provide all required releases, Ark Music Factory reserves the right, in Ark Music Factory’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Entry).
10. Entry may not include information that can be used to personally identify an individual, such as an address, license plate, phone number or email address.
11. Entry must be of satisfactory quality as determined by Ark Music Factory (i.e., brightness, focus, volume).
12. Comments on your YouTube music video must be enabled and open to all users. YouTube users must be able to add feedback and rate your performance.