Ethical Conflict Resolution
People like other people who agree with them.
People dislike other people who disagree with them.
So if we know that when we disagree with people, we are likely to raise resentment, it might be a good idea to strengthen our soft skills our people skills when dealing with conflicts or potential conflicts. If we find ourselves in a tense situation, and we raise our voice, the other party is likely to respond in kind. This will usually escalate the situation quickly. Instead, below are seven tips for avoiding and ultimately resolving conflicts.
1. Be proactive instead of reactive. Good plans shape good decisions. That's why good planning helps to make elusive dreams come true. R. Bittel
2. Be slow to anger over petty issues. Anger is always more harmful than Ray Ban Outlet Store the insult that caused it. Proverb
3. Instead of telling people they are wrong, point out mistakes indirectly. A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Butler
4. Look for some type of common ground as soon as possible. A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes he has the biggest piece. Ludwig Erhard
5. If you find that you are in the wrong, admit it. It easier to eat crow while it Ray Ban Outlet Store is still warm. Heist
6. Admit one of your own poor decisions before pointing out a similar error Ray Ban Outlet Store Online by others. A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying. that he is wiser today than he was yesterday. Alexander Pope, from Miscellanies by Jonathan Swift